View Single Post
Old 03-06-10, 10:13 PM
Sirrus Rider
Velocommuter Commando

Bikes: '88 Specialized Sirrus, '89 Alpine Monitor Pass, two '70 Raligh Twenties, '07 Schwinn Town & Country Trike, '07 Specialized Sirrus Hybrid

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked 36 Times in 11 Posts
Originally Posted by 4Rings6Stars
So I got the bike. It is a Sirrus and is definitely older, I'm guessing late 80s/early 90s as it has suntour blaze components (low end but still suntour). It's a 56 which is on the border line for me as I much prefer a 54 so I shouldn't have bothered but...

Brand new Conti tires on Wolber rims, a new U lock and a new helmet put me over the edge. So I talked him down to $130 (which was tough because he said he had gotten over a dozen emails) b/c the rear wheel is less than straight and it needs bar tape.

Looks nearly identical to shis one. (Borrowed from DVC45 hope you don't mind)

I'm not trying to keep buying these bikes to flip, I'm looking for a keeper but they keep being too big but still too good of a deal to pass up so I buy them anyway...In the last last week I picked up 58cm Super Course and a 56cm Trek 1000 as well with no real intention to sell. For all three bikes I'm in it for about as much as one of them will sell for so I guess it isn't that bad.

Sorry for the rant, enjoy your Saturday. It is beautiful in New England I don't know about the rest of the world but if it's nice there too then get out and ride
Now that I've seen a side view I can say with confidence that it's an early '90s bike. No later than '95.