Old 03-07-10, 10:26 AM
fx3000

Bikes: Trek 1000

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by HillRider
There is no real negative to having mis-matched rim widths but it also implies the LBS sold you what they had instead of what you needed. That would make me leary of ever doing business with them again, UNLESS you HAD to have the wheel back very quickly and were given the choice of using what they had in stock or waiting for the proper rim to be obtained. Was that the case?
I was anxious to get back out and use the bike and they would have ordered a more precise rim size for me if I wanted - but the deciding factor for me was when I asked them if it was definitely ok to go with the wider rim as far as safety and performance and the salesperson said I'd be fine and the only difference is I would have to adjust the brake clamp. Also in fairness to them, I only had the tire there, I left the bike at home. In hindsight I wish I didn't do that. Also I think now maybe they were just trying to clear stock that had been sitting on the shelf. I' m thinking about going back and asking for a replacement, but being that I have used it a couple of times I'm not sure what they would do. Well at least I have a little more knowledge about my tires/rims now.