Your scars reveal you

Bikes: My Brodie's dead, start hunting for a new cycle before March arrives

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by icyclist
Wogsterca wrote:

Human beings' fat cells simply will not tolerate being hungry. At that point, no matter how much we exercise, our fat cells we will simply want to put back as much energy as we expend.

Think of the phrase, "I worked up a good appetite." That's what happens after a long bike ride, or after chopping a few cords of wood, or climbing a mountain, or exercising at the gym. We don't finish those activities, if we're overweight, feeling as if we don't need to eat. It's just the opposite, no matter what we weigh.

And cutting down on the amount of food we eat - once we are fat - won't work, either, because over the long haul, we will not let ourselves stay hungry. We will eventually eat to assuage our hunger. Maybe not that day, maybe not the next day. But we know that eventually just about everyone will put back on weight they've lost via exercise and by cutting down on their calories.
And this FACT is well known by scientists but completely ignored by trainers. And with good reason. Most "trainers" have always been skinny. Then with resistance exercise they bulked up. Hence the ripped look, they've always been low fat, so their bulking up can look very desirable.

That is their selling point: "I can make you look as beautiful as me, just eat and sport as I do". But different bodies produce different results.

99%of the failures in permanent weight loss are due to the simple fact that our fat cells simply don't die when we lose weight. They just sit there, starving, waiting.

A person who's alway been skinny will not "pay" for that one trip to MacDonalds. they can relax. A previously fat person CAN NEVER RELAX, every single extra calorie that hits those lips, will end up in the starving fat cells. What human being among us is mentally strong enough to never relax, never never never. No one.

Those fantastic exciting stories on Biggest Loser, they all, eventually gain it back. Cuz everyone relaxes now and then.

The solution really is if that weight loss be accompanied by liposuction. Then there is a better (not absolute) chance that a previously overweight person can maintain the lower weight. Remove those hungry fat cells.

This is what is dangerous for the future of fat nations such as Australia (takes the prize), USA, Canada. The kids who are allowed to get fat will never be able to relax. And kids who diet, such as myself, to be smaller (I was always big musclebound but not fat) cuz their figure skating coach required it, will always be on a dieting bandwagon. Cuz as soon as you starve those fat cells, they just lie in wait, for that next slip up. No margin of error.

Kids need to not get fat in the first place. Which means ELIMINATION OF ALL VIDEO GAMES and TV sets, yeah like that'll happen!