View Single Post
Old 03-11-10, 07:23 PM
BluesDawg
just keep riding

Bikes: 2018 Black Mountain Cycles MCD,2017 Advocate Cycles Seldom Seen Drop Bar, 2017 Niner Jet 9 Alloy, 2015 Zukas custom road, 2003 KHS Milano Tandem, 1986 Nishiki Cadence rigid MTB, 1980ish Fuji S-12S

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 173 Post(s)
Liked 33 Times in 22 Posts
Originally Posted by Wogsterca
Your premise has a couple of gapping holes in it, which is why I stated my own.

1) That your mind's desire to lose weight can't overcome your bodies desire for food. It can, and it does in anyone who actually does lose weight.
2) That only the typical North American diet of fat laden foods drenched in high fructose corn syrup and chemicals, can satisfy hunger.
3) I never said it was easy, and it's something I have struggled with, and continue to.

There is another part to the puzzle though, diets do not work, you need to retrain yourself to eat properly, unfortunately our parents started the problem, and we passed it on to the next generation, and they are passing it on to the one after them already. This is why you see a fat guy, with a fat wife, and fat kids in tow.
+1
Can't buy into the fatalistic tone of a couple of previous responses. Sure, you will want to replace the extra calories by overeating, but that doesn't mean you will. Discipline and willpower come into play in any weight loss scenario. It isn't easy, but it isn't impossible.