Old 03-11-10, 10:03 PM
Wogster

Bikes: Old Bike: 1975 Raleigh Delta, New Bike: 2004 Norco Bushpilot

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by tallard
What many of you are ignoring is the science behind it. It's not '"fatalism" it is just plain scientific BIOLOGY. Fat cells do not die, they're not like blood cells who's lifespan is 120 days! That why I corrected the other statement. It's not about me/you/they wanting to balance out the calories needed, it's about the cells WILL balance out the calories. No matter how little YOU eat the cells WILL compensate. That is the science.

In this way, a (always) skinny person can eat a tub of fries and not gain weight, because there are no fat cells lying in wait (pardon the pun)
An overweight person will put on weight with just a half tub of fries, because every single calorie turns into fat. For the skinny person, the calories came in one end and went out the other end!

Not every calorie ingested in every person ends up as fat!

The reality is, if you've been fat in your life, remaining skinny in the future requires 10x more committment than an always skinny person.

Do you think many people have the will power to be 10x as 'in control' as natural skinny people? The only people I know with that amount of self control obsession are anorexics.

It's simply not realistic to expect that from normal behavioured people. Weight loss is eventually regained not through laziness, but through NORMAL human nature.
I don't think it does need a 10X commitment, it needs an attitude change.

The attitude of most obese people is that food is your friend, food is comfort, food is something to do when your bored, with the **** that passes for TV programming these days. The attitude of most skinny people is that food is simply fuel to keep the body running.

Let me illustrate that last one, you have a bad day at work, customers and bosses yelling at you all day. The typical obese person will then turn to soft mushy food as a comfort, so they get a gallon of chocolate-chocolate ice cream, and eat the whole thing in one sitting. This is where you make changes, instead you get on your bike and do a 25 mile hammerfest.

Losing weight is actually easy, start with, throw away the TV. TV is a real evil for the person wanting to lose weight, because it means that you see 100 food advertisements per hour, none of it good for you, and you spend all your time watching the box, instead of going out and doing activities.