scottiethomas

Bikes: road bike

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
reconsidering - the joys of solo touring

hello bike friends,

I thank you for opening this thread. I posted curious if anyone had initiated a bike tour with another forum member two days ago. Having followed links you all posted and reading a good bit of information I have reconsidered solo touring. I am a 24 year old female and considering touring the natchez trace parkway (unfinished business from last summer have quit early in tupello MS) and then heading east to visit mammoth cave and the red river gorge in Kentucky. if im feeling really gutsy and adventurous i could take the road back west and hop on the transamerica trail and then the lewis and clark trail to oregon.

I could do this on my own? Would any of you fatherly types out there instinctively worry for my or perhaps your daughters safety? or would you approve and encourage this with the proper skills and things.

and if someone experienced and willing could guide me in roughly gauging distance and time. if i travel no less than 75 miles a day and start in natchez how long do you think it might take me atleast and atmost to get to oregon?

if you've gotten this far, thanks for being patient with a new member and a fresh new face to touring. we new comers really appreciate and gain a lot from the experienced, so thank you kindly for your wisdom and time.