View Single Post
Old 03-12-10, 04:19 PM
icyclist 
Spin Meister

Bikes: Trek Émonda, 1961 Follis (French) road bike (I'm the original owner), a fixie, a mountain bike, etc.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked 41 Times in 16 Posts
"1) That your mind's desire to lose weight can't overcome your bodies desire for food."

Wogsterca - this is precisely the case. Mind and body are related. When the body - on the cellular level, below the conscious level, tells the mind it needs to replace energy, that's what can happen, and does. We need only look at the figure - so to speak - about obesity in this country; those figures aren't shrinking.

Toss in the fact that many - most? - people don't realize "low-fat" foods are loaded with fat-creating ingrediants. Starting at young ages, we become overweight without even realizing why.

"2) That only the typical North American diet of fat laden foods drenched in high fructose corn syrup and chemicals, can satisfy hunger."

I didn't say it, in fact I categorically deny it. It's just that those foods are all around us - toffee-coated peanuts on plane flights, chips at the restaurant, "low-fat" (i.e. high carb) foods in the market.

"3) I never said it was easy, and it's something I have struggled with, and continue to."

It's a struggle for you, one you are apparently on top of. For millions of others, the struggle is a losing one. A good question is why they are losing the battle of the bulge. I think it has more to do with what we eat than with how much.