View Single Post
Old 03-12-10, 04:25 PM
icyclist 
Spin Meister

Bikes: Trek Émonda, 1961 Follis (French) road bike (I'm the original owner), a fixie, a mountain bike, etc.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked 41 Times in 16 Posts
"Sure, you will want to replace the extra calories by overeating, but that doesn't mean you will. Discipline and willpower come into play in any weight loss scenario. It isn't easy, but it isn't impossible."

Obviously, for many people, for millions of people, it is impossible. Just as obviously, people don't want to be fat. People are surrounded by the wrong kinds of foods and they are not educated in which foods make sense.

I don't think it's a matter of wanting to "replace the extra calories by overeating," either; it's a matter of the body wanting to replace any expended calories (as opposed to calories already stored as fat in fat cells). Which is why when we ride for a long distance, we're hungry (we'll get hungry if we don't exercise, too). We don't then just say to ourselves, "Hey, I'm already fat, so I'll just let some of that fat power my muscles and organs." Uh, uh. The body craves food from the direct root, it's loathe to give up it's stored energy supplies.

Eat healthy foods, in quantities, and people won't be hungry; and they can start to lose weight.