View Single Post
Old 03-12-10, 06:01 PM
rubberbandito

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Here are the gear upgrades. I put the 11-30t on the rear and a 52-40t on the front. Have not yet installed the front deraillier but will do that next week.

Couple things to be aware of. If you buy a new front crank with crank arms make sure you get arms that bend outward a little. All new arms do this as do the stock Nova cranks, but the old cranks are straight. The problem is if you get the old style, the left crank will hit the kickstand. Thus I did not change the left crank since I wanted to keep the kickstand. Also, its nicer to have that extra room for your foot, I find my right foot is not centered on the right pedal now that I am using the straight crank arm. No big deal though, just feels strange. Also they both come very close to the black plastic thing on the bottom fold up stand. But they do in fact miss it.

Also, the chain is too small for the 52t front and 30t rear. It rubs on the deraillier. So will need to change the chain too. A 52t and 28t rear will probably be fine. The best thing is this baby flies in 52t and 11t. Its so much better now.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
IMG_0555.jpg (99.5 KB, 111 views)
File Type: jpg
IMG_0556.jpg (103.0 KB, 126 views)