Old 03-12-10, 08:46 PM
Darkstars

Bikes: 2009 Gary Fisher Marlin Disc

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
If I had a clear preference in one or the other I wouldn't be asking for advise On the short test rides on the property they both felt quick and nimble with very uncomfortable saddles. The Trek felt lighter but I liked the shifters on the Fuji more. A few laps on the property isn't enough to judge which will be a better option for long term. The Fuji is black/carbon fiber/red/white, the Trek is a nasty bright lime green/white but I'm trying not to let something as simple as color pattern sway my decision. I'm kinda leaning towards Trek a bit because I'm more familiar with that brand, I ride a Gary Fisher MTB (built/manufactured by Trek) and my girlfriend rides a Trek 6000 MTB. I'm not at all familiar with the Fuji brand and the fact that it's half price has me wondering if it's a to good to be true situation. The Trek is also sold by the LBS I usually go to (but then again they said they wouldn't work with the price at all despite the fact that it will be my 3rd bike in 14 months purchased from them) the Fuji is at a shop that's not new or unknown but I just haven't done business with them yet. Both shops offer free lifetime adjustments and all that jazz.