Old 03-15-10, 01:40 PM
DuraAce

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dgasmd
Well, after years of "wasting" money in very expensive/high end cars ranging from Astons, Mercedes, Porsche, Jaguar, and finally an Audi, I decided to go as basic and cheapo as possible. I simply got tired of cars. I went to the complete opposite end of the spectrum by buying the one thing I hated the most: and SUV!! This was about 1.5 years ago when gas was $4+/gal. and people could not give away SUVs then. I bought a 10 year old Land Rover Discovery with over 100K+ miles in it, cosmetically crappy, but running very well. 15 MPG later, it still takes me very well from point A to point B just like it did on day one. It is uncomfortable, rough, has more wasteful room and power in it than I'll ever need, it is the cheapest car at any point in time in the parking lot at work, leaks inside from one of the 2 sunroofs when it rains, the wipers need "a hand" to get going, and I hate the living crap out of it. However, not enough for it to make me go get another car. When I do, it will likely be either a Mini Cooper or a Toyota Prius.

How much is it compared to my bikes? The cheapest set of wheels I have is worth more than my car LOL...............

LR Discovery 's, with some modifications, you'll have a nice expedition/trail rig.