View Single Post
Old 03-16-10, 01:26 AM
NateRod

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by feetpower

kilo repost! fizik tape IS really comfy and sexy! lovin' my cateye strada too! just like a mini speedometer/odometer. i'd like to have cadence too but ehh this is good enough.
I was sifting through this thread, trying to gather up intel and just look at some pretty Kilos... I have to give props to this one. Probably my favorite of the whole bunch. ****ing love it.

AAAAAnyhoooo... So I think I'm getting a Kilo frame. I'd been eying other stuff, like an IRO angus or a Soma rush, but I think I'd rather get a less expensive frame that I can ride and lock up around town stress-free. I can use the leftover cash for a new stem (thinking I'd like to rock a quill stem with it, but not sure yet) and seatpost.

So, the fit thing. I'm 5'8" with 30.5" inseam. My current frame is a 51 cm Scrambler and it feels just a LITTLE cramped. The same frame in 53 cm would be perfect. From what I've read here, Kilos run large so I'm guessing instead of a 53 cm, I would get a 50 cm.... amirite?

I also used the fit calculator at the Competitive Cyclist site and the results seem to point towards the same answer.

Thoughts? Impart some wisdom