operator
cab horn

Bikes: 1987 Bianchi Campione

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked 26 Times in 19 Posts
Originally Posted by Raiden
I'm setting up a 'do-everything' bike that I want to be as modifiable as possible. It will soon have discs or Vs, and that means some sort of long-pull levers. I may reconfigure things after that point, and I don't want to need a second bike's worth of parts sitting around for that reconfiguration. The question is: What happens when you connect a long-pull lever to a good road caliper? Upon pulling the lever on such a setup, will I promptly collapse my rim and fly over my handlebars?

Additionally, If the setup is reasonably safe, should I orient my pads/calipers to grab the rim toward the end of the pull, or should they still be close to the rim like any typical road brake setup?

This is just one of those wacky things I've never bothered trying. Hopefully someone else has. Pictures of such frankenbikes in daily use would be appreciated
1) Road caliper require canti/road caliper brake levers.
2) Some V-brake levers will have adjustable pull - to either go canti/v-brake when needed.

Like quill stem clamp diameters (non removable faceplates) this is non negotiable.