View Single Post
Old 03-21-10, 07:53 AM
etsmc

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
well thanks for all the information guys. time is aplenty as i can pull things apart and put them together and try things out.. found some info on the rd-tz30 in another forum "The TZ-30 is Shimanos lowest end rear derailleur with the exception of the TZ-15. It is part of the Tourney gruppo." and also this so looks like it is the better of the 4 rear derailleurs i have and will work with the sram 6 peed shifters i hope.
i have a wheels for each of the cassettes or freewheels i have so that not an issue at the moment but think i will stick with the 6 speed.

i have just put the front forks back together after a clean up and re lube the tubes i will keep my eye out for some rigid forks but both spares i have a spring shocks.

if using the shimano RD-TZ30 should i be using the front derailleur from the same bike?? the reason i as is the crank from the bike with the RD-TZ30 is a single piece where as the crank from the other bike is 3 piece.

i am having a heap of fun with this its the first bike put together from parts but i have rebuild another before and i am learning so much each time.