View Single Post
Old 03-21-10, 09:47 AM
XCSKIBUM
Cantankerous Old Fart

Location: On the Tundra of Northern NY State, almost Canada eh?

Bikes: TBD

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Lost 25# & Added 2 Holes to My Belt

I started out @ 321.8# 10 weeks ago. Wifey & I started on Weight Watchers & a few weeks later, we took up XC skiing.

When the snow finally melted, here on the tundra, I bought a FS Mountain bike & have been riding it for the last 4 days, logging 25.2 miles the 1st 3 days. I spent 1 hour & 15 minites in the saddle today. I'll go out W/the car & clock it later.

For the last week or so my pants have been slipping down a bit even though my belt was in the last hole. I added 1 hole, then when that was not sufficent, I added another to my belt. 2" gone from my waistline!

We weighed in @ WW yesterday morning & I lost 2.2 # in the past week (4.4# the week before) for a total weight loss over 10 weeks of 25.2#. I now weigh 296.6# in my steet clothes/shoes, about 4# less in my skivies.

I can't believe how much better I feel due to the almost daily work outs. The 1st 30 days that we had our XC skis, I skied @ least 1 hour on 26 of those days. I usually took 1 day a week off.

So far, I have ridden my MTB @ every day since I got it on the road last Thursday. I'm already noticing more strength/less down-shifting on moderate grades.

25.2# & 2" gone, 96.6# & 10" to go!