Old 03-23-10, 09:55 AM
dudeona3V

Bikes: '69 Raleigh DL-1, '72 Paramount, '75 Eisentraut, '80 A-D Vent Noir II, '82 A-D Inter 10, '83 Motobecane Grand Touring, '83 Stumpjumper, '84 Masi GC, '87 Recherche, '87 Tesch 101, '88 Tesch S-22, '88 Davidson...

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
I paid $175 for mine at a garage sale. [Original] owner claimed less than 100 miles ridden and there was nothing about the bike to doubt him. The simple fact is despite the Campy name, Triomphe is worthless. Parting it out doesn't gain much except that the Triomphe may actually detract from the value of an otherwise excellent bike. Either way, what you're really paying for is a high-quality frame and a couple of nice wheelsets (although you'll get more if you sell the extra wheelset separately). In any case, it never hurts to try. Depending on what market you're in, I'd try throwing it out on Craigs as is (without the extra wheels) for say $250 and see what kind of bites you get. The Campy name might draw some neophytes that don't know the value (or lack thereof) of Triomphe. If that doesn't get you anything, try selling just the frameset (with headset) for $100-150. There won't be anything "Ital" about it, but these bikes would really come into their own with a Superbe or D-A group, but you'd have to account for the additional $300-$400 for the buyer build it up as such. Then you're looking at a $500 Univega. Hmmm... I don't know. From what I gather, you got the bike for free so you have some options. It's early enough in the Spring that you can try a few different approaches. Good luck.