View Single Post
Old 03-24-10, 11:28 AM
rumrunn6

Bikes: Bottecchia Sprint, GT Timberline 29r, Marin Muirwoods 29er, Trek FX Alpha 7.0

Mentioned: 112 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5224 Post(s)
Liked 3,585 Times in 2,344 Posts
the difference I see (and it may not matter) is that one is actual food where the other is actual cr*p

anecdote: one woman was pregnant here in the office and she thought her pregnancy was an excuse to eat whatever she wanted including all kinds of crap that people brought in to share such as cookies and chocolates. one day I suggested to her: look at what you're putting in your mouth and consider if you can make a baby out of it. you're trying to build bone; muscle and some other stuff. so what foods would help you build that? twizzlers? I don't think so

btw: I don't think you burn fat during exercise. you burn fat between training sessions. calories from fat come out too slowly. you have to nutrify your intense training sessions with complex and simple carbs, then immediately afterward some additional simple carbs can be readily burned up. this is a good time to also ingest protein especially when liquefied

you can eat the pie but the chicken sandwich and banana is better for you.

unrelated?: I once tried a container of muscle milk 1/2 way through an all day ride and found it to be very very beneficial to my riding and I was surprisingly energetic for the 2nd half

my idea of reward food post~ride isn't donuts - it's sausage eggs and cheese on a croissant which I think is a bit more useful for building muscle mass than donuts.

edit: in re-reading this I sound like a jerk. I LIKE PIE!

Last edited by rumrunn6; 03-24-10 at 12:08 PM.