pgoat
Batüwü Griekgriek

Bikes: 1986 Trek 500 Tri Series, 2005 Cannondale R1000

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SourDieseL
I was part of one crash and witnessed another. I believe I was pace lining with another member here going from BK to Queens I think on cross bay blvd over a bridge when the lead tapped his brakes, the marshal behind him touched her front tire to his back and went down. The marshal infront of me swerved out and I swerved out into traffic and slowed down. We were coming over the apex of the bridge so it was quite dangerous to be in that spot since the descent was fairly even and curved so we'd be on the blind side of the drivers.

The bridge in BK was just wet, I slid out cuz others braked so my choice was to run them over or brake and swerve, choose the brake and swerve and my whole back end went out. Next time I'll proceed into that bridge with caution, it's a bad setup since there is cobble stones both at the entrance and exit of that bridge with a nice climb coming out so keeping speed would be the ideal thing to do.
Yes, I believe that is where I recall hearing about problems....you must have left real early? I think it was sunnier later and it dried things out pretty well by the time I got there (I had to stop and help with lots of flats, etc. so it took me forever)