Old 03-24-10, 05:00 PM
Chombi

Bikes: 1986 Alan Record Carbonio, 1985 Vitus Plus Carbone 7, 1984 Peugeot PSV, 1972 Line Seeker, 1986(est.) Medici Aerodynamic (Project), 1985(est.) Peugeot PY10FC

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 150 Post(s)
Liked 33 Times in 27 Posts
Originally Posted by Poguemahone
Can't see why everyone should like C&V bikes. I mean, it's basically an aesthetic decision to like them, though we can talk all we want about ride quality, cost, etc. (and these things do factor in), I think so much of it boils down to the aesthetics. We just like the way they look and ride. Obviously there are going to be differences in aesthetic opinion.

Explaining C&V to many riders is like trying to explain the Stooges to a Celine Dion fan. They're just not going to get it. That's okay, I don't have to listen to Celine.
I think most of us C&Vers are not planning on developing Lance Armstrong wattage and win the TDF next year, so I don't really see any problem with choosing a bike mostly for aesthetics. as long as it can still go pretty fast, look good and work good. That's why It makes more sense to me to spend my hard earned money on classic bikes and parts instead of a brand new, ultra high tech, seconds saving, top of the line Trek, Pinarello or BMC. I don't think I'll ever enjoy those bikes as much as my classics. I also assume that most of us C&Vers are not 18-25 year old Olympic possibilities anyway, so the returns on spending thousands of dollars on the latest bikes will be negligable.
JMOs

Chombi