View Single Post
Old 04-12-05, 08:22 AM
Dahon.Steve

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 261 Post(s)
Liked 11 Times in 10 Posts
Originally Posted by palmertires
Wow! I want to move there! Where I live, the bus is never on time. I might wait for 30 min and then 3 come along. I live in Chicago where it is hell to be stuck on a crowded bus in heavy traffic, especially on a rainy day (like today). Well, now I have to go wait for my bus. Arghhh. Soon, though, very soon, I will be ready to ride my bike through rain...maybe, even snow. The transit people are even talking about raising the fares here to, maybe, $3.00 a ride! Jeez...
Agreed. His transit system for the bus is incredible.

I've given up on the bus and now use lightrail which comes every 10 to 15 minutes so I'm spoiled. I was a long suffering bus rider for years and weekend service continues to be horrible. On a Sunday morning, you basically have to call a cab if you need to get somewhere fast.

I boarded a bus a week ago (due to rain) and discovered how expensive and sickening it was to ride those packed lumbering giants. I was feeling ill with nausea the moment I walked out. What a difference Lightrail is compared to the bus and I now know why GM destroyed the trolleys! Lightrail has so much more room and the ventilation is waaaaay better giving a more pleasurable ride. The Lightrail doens't wobble all over the place making you feel sick and it's cheaper if you buy the monthly pass. The cost on Lightrail is only .66 cents compared to $1.70 one way for the bus. To be fare, the bus does offer a monthly but I would be out of my mind to even consider such a sacrifice.

Given the option between riding a bus or a bicycle, the choice is easy. RIDE THE BICYCLE!