Thread: $500 MTB Thread
View Single Post
Old 04-12-05, 03:27 PM
Raiyn
I drink your MILKSHAKE

Bikes: 2003 Specialized Rockhopper FSR Comp, 1999 Specialized Hardrock Comp FS, 1971 Schwinn Varsity

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Ranger
I say we need as many as we get. It seems to me that based on the poll so far, most people are OK with giving a reply as well as referring them to the dreaded sticky. Your intolerance for these threads is well noted. However it appears that most folks aren't all that irritated with them.
Most of the respondants are newbies themselves who have no IDEA how many we used to get
Sending newbies to the $500 MTB sticky is the equivilant of telling them to "get lost!" Basically that is really all that can happen if they go there. Just giving newbies asking for bike advice a link only reply is not good.
What so you don't think that people should have to use a readily estabilshed resource with ALL the answers that they seek? They need to do some leg work THEN they should ask questions

What if they just gave a link to Park Tool for every time someone asked how to adjust their rear derailleur in the Mechanics forum?
Why spend the time explaining a simple task 50,000,000,000 times when you can send them to a site that will provide the EXACT same info AND detailed pictures? I'd rather send someone off site to get the correct info thaen have him listen to some newbie telling him to "bash it wit a hammer til it werk gud"
I'd much rather spend the time helping someone out with an unusual problem than some run of the mill crap