View Single Post
Old 03-29-10, 09:00 PM
MY26INCHCRUISER
I abubacad your sister

Bikes: Sunday Model-c full custom,Sunday second wave full custom ,Supercross RCR Full custom bmx race cruiser

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mykesbykes
Hiyaz, Im 36 myself, and while I own numerous other bikes, I use my bmxs the most, its easier to navigate city streets, easier to maintain, lighter carrying up stairs, I can buy a Ice Cap with my daughter and sit back on our bmxs and chill out, and we have a small dirt track one block over. Do you have a favorite from when you were young? Oh ya, one thing you want to think about is size, Id think you should look for something with a 20-21 inch top tube. I run 175 cranks and if Im not careful they catch, not fun on pavement, and check for stem reach, most run their seats low like the pic above, but I still run a 16 inch seat post. If your looking for something new Id say check out Redline, they make some wicked race bikes, Im biased tho, cuz I love flights. They are one of the only old school companies that havent been bought by Pacific Cycle. The sunday above is probably a descent bike, although Id question spending that much loot on your first bike, maybe pick something up from CL, pinkbikes, or ebay.

whatever you do, beware of these things..

1. plastic anything. breaks easy
2. high tensil steel anything. heavy
3. painted bar clamp areas on bars/stem. bars slip=face plant.
4. 1 piece cranks. 3pc are cheap
5. weeeaak brakes. check bike reviews
6. expensive over-rated bikes. see above

well i hoped I helped even a little, if you want let me know where your at, and I can try to find you something local and priced right.

http://issuu.com/redlinebicycles/doc...edline-bmx-cat
Ok alittle over the line there
I just tried to help the guy
Just Because you have a different view on things,you don't have to slam mine
I like my Sundays they are far from over rated and suit my needs for my type of riding
Yes they are expensive because I like them custom and I can afford it.