CPFITNESS
Banned

Bikes: Giant Rapid 3

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BigUgly
Many physical therapists in my neck of the woods no longer believe in ice for non-swollen injuries which is why I said what I said. I tend to believe them because I live in a college town and they fix D1 atheletes all the time. I guess there are many schools of thought. My injury was more tendon related which may be why they told me not to put a bag of ice on my knee. I was told to take an ice cube and give the tendon and ice massage so to speak to try to relieve any pain. That an ibuprofin(spell?). More than anything the most important thing is to stretch.
Yes, Ice massage is a tecnique that is often used for shin splints as well. Exercise causes inflammation which may or may not include swelling. Ibuprophen or Naproxen is also a plus. I'm in NYC, and my orthopaedic is the former team doc for the yankees and currently the NJ Nets team doc so i've got good resources at my disposal! I've been to see him more times than I care to over the years nfortunately and I'm going to need to see him again this fall to get my other ACL done. He did the right one in 2005