Old 03-31-10, 09:33 AM
RobbieTunes
Banned.

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 378 Post(s)
Liked 1,412 Times in 912 Posts
Originally Posted by Ferrite
Well after searching 23 pgs of posts and giving up, I haven't seen one picture of a Centurion Prestige with Tange Prestige tubing ( sorry to the other 20+ pages).

I got one! It was free from a family friend and it fits me!! She said it was $1200 or so back then. It came originaly with a Shimano tri color 600 group that I upgraded to 9 speed Ultegra. Serial number is 88K3795 on the BB and I think it is a 1987 or 1989 ( can't remember ATM). White to sky blue smoke paint job. I'll post pictures when it's light out and give more details.
As far as I know, no Prestige looked like that. The Prestige came with full Dura Ace, 2x6 indexed. It is only from 1985, and was long gone from production by 1989. The only paint job that you reference that I know of is the 1989 Centurion Dave Scott Ironman Expert, a Tange 1 frame, not Prestige. Nishiki and Panasonic offered that Prestige frame, and Panasonic offered it in a blue/white fade, Amani576 has one.

Pics would be very cool, as it could possibly add another anomaly to the Centurion story.

As far as a Centurion Prestige, with Prestige tubing, "Seek and ye shall find," but I got this as a frame only, with an offer by the seller to include the rest of the DA group for a mere $400. I declined, but it has the OEM headset. I set it up with 600 Tricolor, and sold it on eBay. The buyer sort of trashed it and resold it. There's a lot of chrome under them thar tubes, but I wasn't about to strip it and find out:

http://velospace.org/node/25813