Old 04-01-10, 10:14 AM
Mr. Beanz
Banned.

Bikes: Lemond Chambery/Cannondale R-900/Trek 8000 MTB/Burley Duet tandem

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
I have abuddy named Jack Hatton, some locals may remember him. He now rides a bent after medical issues now at 76 y/o. I met the guy when he was 64 and we became good friends. At first he told me some bike race stories and I thought he was full of it so I listened to the poor ol guys stories. He was dressed in knee high socks, old ice chest looking helmet with orange reflective stripes.

Yeah yeah old man, gotta go! Wife and I were on the tandem and the guy on his $60 yardsale special (Zuno) with bar tape hanging off the ends, and funniest of all, mailman looking shoes and toe clips, bermuda shorts.

Holy Carpola, the dude took off like a bullet! We tried as hard as we could to keep up on the tandem but within a matter of 15 seconds, the dude was GONE! I listened to the dude after that!

The dude averged 24 mph on solo rides!

One day a team from a local shop showed up at the rest stop. As they were getting ready to leave, he said, "let me try to hang with these young bucks". I said, "well take it easy on them Jack!". They looked over at us and laughed!

Later down the road I caught up to the group at a water stop and asked, "Hey where's the old man?"

Their response? Holy F$#%$#!!!!!! he's dropped us!

From that day on, 12 years ago, I don't laugh at dudes knee socks! And that's all I got to say about that!