Chris516
24-Speed Machine

Bikes: 2003 Specialized Allez 24-Speed Road Bike

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by JusticeZero
We live on the third floor of an apartment complex with no elevators and narrow, twisty stairs. The bikes had been (with permission of the apartment manager) locked to the railing set behind the pillars holding up the car parking cover behind the sidewalk. No complaints. Yesterday, on our door we find a note saying that the bikes need to be stored on our porch by the 2nd.
The porch in question is generally inaccessible to bikes; I could get a folder out there; I can get a regular sized bike there with some risk of damaging the apartment, but getting my longtail in there is dubious.
This because the bikes are a 'tripping hazard', and because they plan to install "bike racks" (of unknown type and location) "over the summer".

What should I be doing here? Last time we tried carrying a bike up to the apartment, I banged it against things on the building once or twice, and we need it to do things like - go shopping, or to the doctors', and so on. While we have a car parking space available, there is nothing to lock to in it.
From May'04 to Jan.'07, my (ex)fiance n' I lived in an apartment building that thankfully had an elevator. When we first moved in, the building management wanted me to lock my bike up outside. I told them 'No' because there was no place to lock it up outside. The apartment management finally buckled and, I kept my bike in the apartment.