Old 04-04-10, 04:09 PM
RobbieTunes
Banned.

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 378 Post(s)
Liked 1,412 Times in 912 Posts
Originally Posted by Ferrite
OK here are some pics. It is an 1989 Centurion Prestige. Does have a few small spots of rust but rides great. I just stripped it down to the frame today. Pics don't show the original 600 group it came with. There is a sticker on the bottom of the down tube that says "Sold Exclusively thought WSI etc...". Serial number is 88K3795.

That is amazing.

It's got the marbled paint consistent with the grey 1989 Ironman Master, not the smoked blue/grey fade to white that the 1989 Ironman Expert had. Decal work is very close to the 1908 Lemans RS, as far as accents, so I'd sure peg it an '89.

I see the group has been upgraded, and if I had it, I'd work really hard on a restoration, but it would be quite a chore. I'll bet it rides great. Those are some deep drops. Someone (you) did a great job on the upgrade, even the wheels match.

A keeper for a long time, and I don't doubt the $1200 price tag from 1989. Definitely one rare Centurion. I now have seen 2 Prestige models. I thought I saw a third, but it was mine, sold, then trashed, then resold. I was more than a little bummed.

Last edited by RobbieTunes; 04-04-10 at 04:13 PM.