Homebrew01
Super Moderator

Bikes: Old Steelies I made, Old Cannondales

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1174 Post(s)
Liked 935 Times in 618 Posts
Originally Posted by umd
This guy has been trolling the general cycling forum for a while now, it looks like he has moved on to fresh targets who don't know his shtick. I suggest you guys ignore him. Move along, nothing to see here...
How can you blurt out such things about a fine member of our cycling community ? Just because you didn't learn anything ..........

(Bolding added)

Originally Posted by NEUROSPORT
i have my own philosophy when it comes to fitness and to me longer is not better. i actually feel guilty when i ride more than 30 minutes because in my philosophy that is counter productive, but i enjoy riding so i usually ride for about 45 minutes. ideally i would ride for about 20 minutes at maximum speed and then go home but i don't have the discipline to do this.

now since i am always within walking distance of my car it makes more sense to me to walk back, take the bike to the shop and have them change the tube rather than doing it myself.
also is the seat bag the most aerodynamic option? i was thinking if i wrap some electrical tape around the flip flops they would be flat as an envelope then i can put them in a draw string back bag and wear it under a jersey - that way i would barely be adding any drag. what are some of the more aerodynamic seat bags?

hm ... how often do you actually get flats ? i never had one before ( aside from that time when i broke the whole wheel ) so i don't see the point of learning how to change it.

my speed may not be high but the force i apply to my pedals is high.
when briefly passing somebody i will almost certainly put down more force on the pedals than even TDF pros simply because i weigh much more and my muscle is mostly fast twitch. so i don't see why i should settle for an inferior shoe or pedal.

i started experiencing serious problems with joints when i was a bodybuilder. in particular my elbows. i didn't start to experience knee pain until i returned to biking last year. but i know this is no laughing matter and i am willing to change my riding style if that's what my joints need. i first heard that riding with this type of gearing is bad for my knees a few weeks ago when i was trying to explain to the salesman in the bike shop what type of bike i am looking for. it's slowly sinking into my brain. the forces even in the last gear are still quite low compared to the forces involved in powerlifting so i didn't think it was a problem. i thought my knee pain was more a result of too much repetition like carpal tunnel or something, rather than too much force.

if there is strong consensus that high cadence is easier on the knees i will work on that.
very slowly it seems

FYI: http://www.bikeforums.net/forum-sugg...ad-please.html

Last edited by Homebrew01; 04-05-10 at 09:37 AM.