View Single Post
Old 04-05-10, 09:10 PM
RatedZ

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Originally Posted by jgedwa
+1. I might go so far as to say unless you are a fairly serious rider dealing with fairly serious terrain, slicks are just fine. Certainly fine for gravel. Actually, they are better for gravel than knobbies.

jim
Neither my wife nor I are hardcore riders, and we're just getting into it, actually. I can't see myself ever becoming a die-hard mountain biker; someone into rock pits and 10 foot drops. We're probably going to be more of the "recreational" type of mountain biker.

Basically, we want to ride some trails, but nothing overly daring or dangerous; just some dirt with roots as obstacles, and stuff like that. I'm more of a "screw-off," which is basically left over from my days as a 14 year old 22 years ago (I haven't been on a bike in 22 years). I still have a little bit of that "BMX bug" left in me, and it's not going to disappear anytime soon. While my wife might take those trails slowly, I might take those trails as a faster and harder pace, hence the reason I got a GT Avalanche 1.0 Disc and she got a 3.0 Disc.