Old 04-05-10, 10:10 PM
badhat
impressive member

Bikes: c'dale supersix, jamis trilogy, spec. tricross

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
so after a humbling start to my race season with some middle of the pack results, today did a solo drill on one of our monster local climbs Pole Hill Road. 3 miles of around 8-14% grade snaking around the side of a mountain overlooking larimer county. its a nightmare climb. last summer i did it with a group ever wendesday night as a bit of training for mt evans.

tonight was the first time i've done it this year, but i set out to do 2 repeats and full throttle. i havent really done other rides that are useful gauges of my fitness against last year so this was my first chance to see if all my training and weight loss has been working and that... even though i know i'm not where i need to be for my priority races this summer, i'm at least making progress.

long story short, i beat my previous PR of 21:40 by two minutes. and then, i rode down, and rode back up and beat the old PR again, this time only by 20 seconds. so it turns out whatever i'm doin, its working, as i'm about 10% faster on the hardest, steepest hill climb in the county this year. :rock: