Thread: Door Prize!
View Single Post
Old 04-13-05, 08:59 PM
EnigManiac

Bikes: BikeE AT, Firebike Bling Bling, Norco Trike (customized)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by operator
Sorry, I didn't mean it as in insult my apologies.

But I will quote the HTA where it says it is illegal to do so. (Passing right, lane splitting, whatever)

In stopped traffic, unless everyone in front of you is about to make a left, you are not allowed to pass said vehicles.

Here's the source I quoted from. http://192.75.156.68/DBLaws/Statutes...0h08_e.htm#TOC

So bottomline is in most cases on your bike you are committing and offense if you pass stopped traffic. Whether they enforce it or not is a different matter.
No offense taken. Thanks.

I have swung to the left to move around right turning vehicles and do it pretty much daily, but it always seems risky because the motorists in the left through lane don't seem to exprect me and they react sharply. If I hear someone honk at me it's when i do something like that, unexpected, whereas if I simply move up to the light and then go when it's green the right turn folks don't seem to mind. I travel along Bloor, College, Dupont, etc and none seem to be bothered, maybe because all the other cyclists are doing the same thing. But I understand moving around right turning vehicles by going into the middle