Old 04-07-10, 08:15 PM
HoudiniSplicer

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
What helps me is not looking at food as a source of pleasure but simply as a source of fuel. Before you put anything in your mouth, ask yourself if it's going to efficiently serve your nutritional needs first, or if its going to serve your taste buds first.

I'm not saying that healthy food can't taste good, but for people without much time to devote to preparing food (like me) it's a toss up between nutritious food and delicious food. Lots of raw or lightly cooked vegetables tossed together with a little olive oil and some spices. It's boring, and it isn't gourmet, but it's healthy and it's very quick to make.

I purchased cookbooks and looked up recipes for "healthy but delicious" meals, and to be honest they just take so long to prepare... at least for me. I make all my lunches for the week on sunday night, and it's just a mix of vegetables, maybe some lean chicken thrown in, with a little oil and seasoning.

For quick breakfast I make a smoothie with soymilk, a banana, a small scoop of natural peanut butter, and some fresh berries and drink it on my way to work.