View Single Post
Old 04-09-10, 09:18 AM
zoltani
sniffin' glue

Bikes: Surly crosscheck ssfg, Custom vintage french racing bike, Bruce Gordon Rock & Road

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by staehpj1
My experience is that any of the "camping pillows" I tried were inferior for one reason or another. I was never comfortable on any of the inflatables and the non-inflatable camping pillows were not firm enough. All were also kind of expensive.

For me the answer was a small $7-$8 "real" pillow from the fabric store. It measures something like 11"X17", is firm enough, and stuffs in the same compression sack with my sleeping bag. It weighs about the same as some of the camp pillows, but a bit more than the inflatables.

I like the notion of clothing in a stuff sack as a pillow, but I don't sleep as well when doing that.

I am a bit of a minimalist with most of my gear choices, but a pillow makes a big difference in sleeping comfort to me. It is one of the few items that many consider a luxury item that I carry any way.
This

After hearing staehpj1's suggestion last year I went to the local discount store and picked up a cheap couch pillow that is about 8" x 8" square and have been using it with great results. I also paid about 6-8 euros, don't remember. I am kicking myself for ever even trying those expensive inflatable POS pillows.