Old 04-10-10, 10:48 PM
deep_sky

Bikes: 2012 Scott CR1 Comp

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by NEUROSPORT
if Ullrich spins at 80 and Lance at 100 does that mean one of them is doing it wrong ? or does that mean that they have different genetics ?
Ullrich and Armstrong differ from you in the fact that they actually know what the hell they are talking about, and know what they are doing.

with my genetics i need to spin slow. i am trying to work on getting the cadence up a bit but it naturally tends towards 50 or so. i will keep working on that but i have to ultimately listen to my body, not some numbers taken from other people.
bullcrap. i could pass you on my 42 chainring with my cassette not even maxed out quite easily, and I have a 50 if i want to go over 30 mph. a cadence of 50 with a 53/11 gearing is not applying more power, its going slow and trashing your knees for no good reason because you are being incredibly dense with your insistence that you can treat cycling the exact same way as weightlifting. Pedaling along at 50 cadence on a 53/11 is like trying to do your max 1 rep weight over and over. You will just exhaust yourself trying to do it. You lower the weight, you can do more work over time. Similarly if you raise the cadence you will be able to do more work over time, which equates to better fitness, better efficiency, and a faster speed. You will likely have to lower the chainring size to increase your cadence, but as you gain strength, you can eventually do a higher cadence with a higher gearing.

But I suspect you really don't care about that, you just want to brag about how supposedly "powerful" you are. Hint: Here we ain't impressed. Go over to a bodybuilder forum and impress some pimply teenagers if that's your goal.

if i spin faster i won't be able to put down more power - in fact i will put down less - the only thing that i might achieve this way is my legs might get smaller so i might get lighter and this way faster. however i don't want smaller legs.
You don't even have a power meter to know, you just think that pushing harder is somehow "better", despite what people better educated than you in the sport of cycling have been trying to drum into your thick head. This ain't the gym, and powerlifting is completely different discipline than cycling. You just don't get it.