Thread: Felt Brougham
View Single Post
Old 04-11-10, 12:29 AM
Fixed773

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I have a Brougham...I, too, was considering the Kilo TT and switching out many parts. I decided on the "Broski" mostly because of the aesthetics and the fact that my budget doesn't call for many upgrades this summer. My only complaint so far about my Brougham is the bottom bracket has "clicked/crackeled" since the day I rode it home. I'm taking it back to the shop tomorrow for that problem though. It has a mid-range BB, so I don't know why it's being a *****, but it is. I switched out the pedals for my BMX platforms, took the brakes off, flipped the stem for a negative rise, and flippled the wheel to ride fixed. other than that, everything is stock. It's not the lightest bike ever, but it'll do for a summer commuter for me.

If you're comparing a Kilo to the Brougham, I'd say the deciding factor should be what you want in the end and what you can afford. I didn't want drop bars, I preferred the look of "deep V" style rims, I like the mis-matched colors, and I knew I'd be riding the bike mostly stock this season regardless of whether I got the Broski or the Kilo. If you've got a little money to put into it and are looking for a different style/color scheme than the Brougham provides then go with the Kilo. It's the bread and butter of budget fixed gear bikes. you can't really go wrong with it. On the other hand, I have only two complaints about my Brougham - the ****ty BB that my particular bike has, and the ****ty stock pedals that come with it. Other than that, I think the Brougham is a sweet little bike for the money.