View Single Post
Old 04-11-10, 02:08 AM
Digital_Cowboy

Bikes: Specialized Hardrock Mountain (Stolen); Giant Seek 2 (Stolen); Diamondback Ascent mid 1980 - 1997

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by cudak888
Probably didn't matter to him - he wanted your bike for himself.

-Kurt
You might be right. As I think I said in at least one other thread on this topic. There was something about his demeanor that didn't sit well with me, and I stayed astride my bike the whole time that we were talking.

It was after I reminded him that we did have the right to take the lane that he threatened to "seize my bike on the spot."

If he did wouldn't he have to give me a ticket, or arrest me and/or a receipt? Otherwise wouldn't it be theft for him to "seize" my bike?

Also as I think I had mentioned in one or more other posts on this topic, where he "instructed" me to ride was closer to the gutter pan/curb then I normally ride.

The irony is that both before and after that incident I had/have been passed by numerous other St. Pete LEO's riding in the same fashion as I was that night and none of them have ever stopped me and "corrected" my riding style "instructing" me to ride closer to the gutter pan/curb.

As a matter of fact Friday night I was talking with two female officers, after I had called the non-emergency number to report a bar across the street from me that had their music way too loud. One of them I had met previously when I had an egg thrown at me. And I reminded her of where I road, and she had no problem with it.

Last edited by Digital_Cowboy; 04-11-10 at 05:12 PM.