Thread: 1986 Team Fuji
View Single Post
Old 04-12-10, 01:31 AM
jamesj

Bikes: 2015 Specialized AWOL, 2006 Paul Frank Cruiser, 1987 Specialized Street Stomper, 1980 Trek 412, 1979 Raleigh Sport,

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 99 Post(s)
Liked 60 Times in 25 Posts
1986 Team Fuji

I saw this on craigs about a week or 2 ago, it had already been up about a week. the ad said it was a team fuji bike and said small frame and sutour components. Well i email the seller and he still had it, it was a out of town bike and i told the seller that i had someone that could pick it up for me, well he agreed and about a couple of days later i had the bike.

The person that bought it for me finally was able to bring it down to the valley.
From what i gather doing research on classic fuji it is a 1896 model its super small, i was actually thinking about flipping it but it fits me. I have a short inseam. the only thing is it has some rust on the outside but some spots here and there. the seat post had some but i was able to just spray with wd40 and it all came off. I was able to break it all down tonight to the frame and i will begin cleanup this week. i want to give it a bath in oaxic maybe next weekend.

Th suntour stuff has seen better days, The arizona sun has faded the font and the actual grey parts to more of a silver/smoke color.

It seems all original except for the kalloy stem which replaced the black nitto stem. The pedals even have the original fuji straps on it.

so here are some pics.