Old 04-12-10, 05:09 PM
RobbieTunes
Banned.

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 378 Post(s)
Liked 1,410 Times in 910 Posts
Originally Posted by 2muchfun
I bought this bike new, I thought in '92, but from reading these posts, it sounds like it may have been earlier. It is configured exactly as in the picture. I only paid $799 for it (which was alot for me at that time). I have loved this bike, but just this weekend, I found that I need a new crank. A 105 crank is going to run me close to $300, and I'm thinking it is time for a new bike. I've been looking at current Allez, but they are all aluminum, I've also ridden orbea onix, scattante comp and a Fuji cr4 (??). They are sure alot lighter than they were in the 90's, but I still feel better on the allez!!
Not sure why a crank would run you $300? 105 10-speed maybe? A new 105 9-sp crank is about $50 from a Taiwan supplier; I've bought 2 from him, along with other new 9-sp 105 stuff..

I, too covet a Allez or Epic in CF. The last two around here sold for $300 with DT shifting, and one sold for $400 with STI's, both 600 tricolor. Both had the polished lugs. A painted one came up for sale and it was cracked around the lugs, and another painted one came up, burgundy, and it was also cracked.

Doesn't matter, I still want one. And the Cadex.