Mr. Beanz
Banned.

Bikes: Lemond Chambery/Cannondale R-900/Trek 8000 MTB/Burley Duet tandem

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Wildflower
I live in Western Australia which has a similar climate to California, or so I'm told. we have fantastic weather too, but in the winter we also have quite a bit of rain and many times, strong winds which aren't fun. We are in autumn now and we have had a bit of rain and my beautiful new road bike (about 2 months old) has already got wet and sandy at least three times.

In regard to the sweat, I can't help it. After 21 kms each morning, I come home wet through. Got any solutions? It's hard work riding up hills.
In California, we don't get much rain at all. This year is somewhat shocking since it has rainded some this winter!

I dont know what to tell ya about the sweat though! My buds and I can go climb 5,000- 10,000 ft and I'll be bone dry at the top. Really bothers one buddy since we can ride downhill in 60 degree temps and he'll be dripping like a faucet. He gets somewhat frustrated thinking that I'm not working up a sweat. I actually know I am, it just evaporates quickly, I guess.

We rarely ride together anymore thank goodness. I hate that his sweat flies off in the wind and sprays my face and glasses. I've learned it's better to ride side by side with these types rather than alternating at the front!