chipcom 
Infamous Member

Bikes: Surly Big Dummy, Fuji World, 80ish Bianchi

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Leo H.
I fail to see how you fail to see that your posts are not advocating NOT wearing a helmet. You're not the only one and the fact that there are whole threads (helmets cramp my style), shows me you're not alone.

What any/most of the comments that I've read on this and numerous forums and blogs and whole websites actually, all have in common is, that the unspoken thought behind helmet bashers (how's that for a handle instead of spinach haters?)is that people are whining about someone else telling them what to do and then the helmet bashers go to great lengths to then 'prove' that helmets 'cause' injuries. You're actually using the same techniques as the helmet supporters, whom are decried long and loud.

I use the term spinach hater, because the image that comes to my mind when I read anti helmet posters, by and large are youngsters turning up their lips at something because they don't like the taste.
I've been riding a bike regularly for over 40 years and only wear a helmet when some event requires it. I never considered cycling dangerous enough to warrant wearing one and still don't. If you think it is that dangerous and wish to wear a helmet, that's cool with me. I also like spinach...even have some on the tuna salad sammich I brought for lunch.

Your perception is about as accurate as my perception of 'bent riders being old bearded fat dudes who can't stay awake long enough realize their dreams of being the next unabomber.
"Let us hope our weapons are never needed --but do not forget what the common people knew when they demanded the Bill of Rights: An armed citizenry is the first defense, the best defense, and the final defense against tyranny. If guns are outlawed, only the government will have guns. Only the police, the secret police, the military, the hired servants of our rulers. Only the government -- and a few outlaws. I intend to be among the outlaws" - Edward Abbey

Last edited by chipcom; 04-14-10 at 01:42 PM. Reason: removed apostrophe