View Single Post
Old 04-14-10, 09:53 PM
NateRod

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by EveryManALion
Ahhh well ive actually looked everywhere on how to skip and i cant find a decent tutorial nor vid to show you actually how...and yes im running brakeless and i only wanted to learn to skid in case of an emergency/show off move if im bored,my legs are strong enough when i come to a stop light/sign i can do it within a couple feet with resistance braking ,albeit not as good as a front brake but not terrible for someone who just started fixed a month ago and i only ride about 10-12 miles a day...

any skipping how to's?
I actually found skipping easier than skidding. And ive found it to be more efficient for stopping that skidding. Stand up off your saddle just slightly, lock up your legs when cranks are horizontal, then stomp on your back foot while leaning forward (not balls2stem. Just push as if you wanted to jump up off your pedals). The momentum should lift your rear wheel off the ground.

I find it easier to do with my strong leg at the back.

Anyways I'm not sure if any of that makes sense. Last thing I want is for someone to eat it bad trying to follow any of my badly written advice

Last edited by NateRod; 04-14-10 at 10:15 PM.