Old 04-18-10, 03:20 PM
ddez

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by futuregrace
One question I keep trying to figure out is the chain stay, perhaps one of you could help me figure it out. I have no doubts the LHT will not cause my heels to hit a paniers on a rack. I"m worried that the Jamis will cause my feet to hit. I've tried an old '03 Jake the Snake and that happens.

However I only wish to use paniers every so often so I'd like a quick bike, not sure how much fully loaded touring I'll do on this thing.

How can I tell if my feet will hit apart putting racks on one and testing it which does not seem as though it will happen.
Can anyone tell me what the difference between the two chain stays is in cm?

Might i suggest you do some home work,by going to the web sites of the bikes your interested in yourself. There you usually will find frame geometries,lengths etc. to do comparisons.
Just to show im not trying to be rude and happen to know Surly LHTs chainstay length i will give it to you.Metric is 460 or 18.1 inches. I dont know the Auroras. Sorry its just that people seem to ask questions so often and do no research of there own,which may help them in there decisions.
Good luck on your decision. No offense i hope. Cheers.

Ok i have a little time on my hands now(didnt earlier) and im curious myself so looked up Jamis for you. 440 or 17.3 inches. Way shorter.

Last edited by ddez; 04-18-10 at 05:19 PM.