View Single Post
Old 04-18-10, 03:25 PM
supercycle62

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
The other day while walking home from work I found this old Vagabond (Canadian brand) single speed coaster brake bike sitting next to an apartment building dumpster. The tires were old and cracked, it was missing a handgrip, the wheels are rusty and pitted, the old seat was a write off but other than that it is in very good shape. I walked it home and replaced the front wheel and rim with a better one from another parts bike. I also had a matching black handgrip and better (but period correct) seat.

I then replaced the old back tire, cleaned and tightened the fenders and added a front handbrake for better stopping performance and safety. The rear coaster brake actully still works perfectly though. I also have a rear carrier rack I am going to install soon but for now I am leaving it as is. This bike cost me zero $$$ and I plan on riding it everyday to work and back plus use it to run errands around town. I do plan on spending a little money to get a new rear wheel with coaster brake installed. The existing rear wheel is rusty, a little dented and wobbly but it is servicable.

Anyhow...here is a short video clip of it in it's somewhat restored state (my camera won't shoot still pics anymore).