Old 04-19-10, 05:38 AM
rosborn

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Okay, so here's the scoop. I weighed myself this morning and came in at 235.4 pounds or 16.81 stones. No, I'm not from the UK but I like the sound of 16.81 stones versus 235.4 pounds. Reality check - I am not happy that I weigh what I weigh but I truly thought it would be more. I have been unemployed since October 1, 2009 and haven't exactly been the most active since being laid-off. So, while I'm not happy with my weight I am pleasantly surprised it isn't more.

For whatever reason, I am a person who can put weight on rather rapidly. When I graduated from high school in 1983 I weighed 175 pounds. Prior to that (from my freshman year to my junior year) I fluctuated between 220 pounds and 275 pounds - I know because I was weighed fairly consistantly for high school sports. By the time my freshman year of college was over I weighed 225 pounds. A few short years later, when I got married in 1986, I weighed 275 pounds. In November 1991, when my son was born, I weighed 400 pounds - I know because I was weighed on a freight scale when I was in the hospital for kidney stones. I lost a significant amount of weight after that November 1991 hospital stay and hovered around 300 pounds in 2001. I really adopted portion control and became greatly aware of "what" I was eating on a daily basis. By changing "what" I was eating and by becoming more conscience about eating only when I was really hungry I lost another 65 pounds. I have hovered around 225 to 245 pounds for the last few years. This may sound silly but I was encouraged by the fact that I had lost enough weight that I had to have my wedding resized by two full sizes.

Anyway, I weigh 235.4 pounds. I want to weigh 175/180 pounds again. I don't know if that is doable (I was INCREDIBLY active with football, wrestling and track the last time I weighed 175 pounds) but less than 200 certainly is. I look forward to being a part of this challenge - encouraging and being encouraged - and for all of us to reach our weight loss goals together.

Rob

Last edited by rosborn; 04-19-10 at 05:59 AM.