Old 04-19-10, 01:55 PM
neuronal

Bikes: Many

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mcjimbosandwich
Thank you. Yeah, upgrading to C's. I've seen enough sketchy cornering (though i did one slightly bad cornering myself yesterday, but didn't come close to taking anyone down). Guys cutting the wrong apex, swinging wide, etc. That said, i won't be going to Eastern's as i have a defense coming up on the 27th for my graduate degree. Time to do a ton of threshold training & base miles in anticipation for the Cat5's races this summer. Scary thing is that people in C's would beat me by a good minute for the hill climb. I know most courses don't have that much climbing, but it's kinda scary regardless.

The crit yesterday was a total s**t show. Two crashes, both of them because people can't corner. With two laps to go i decided to jump to the front. I know i probably won't win, but it was a lot safer as i don't trust many in the field on taking at-speed turns (especially the 130 degree one near the end). As i have no teammates, i basically "led out" the field. Got caught at the line, and did a marginally acceptable bike throw for 2nd.
No shame in 2nd. Too bad about Easterns. I'm looking forward to it though, it should have a nice crit.