Old 04-20-10, 08:46 AM
wildergeek

Bikes: Trek 520, Cadex CFM2

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Kind of discouraged. I called my local PD and told them about the incident. They explained that unless an officer actually witnesses the incident, they can't (won't) do anything.

I asked them if video evidence would be enough for them to pay the guy a visit. I even clarified my question to state if the plate number was clearly visible as well as capturing the aggressive behavior on video. I was told they would not act on that "because video can be doctored." They advised that if I can get the plate number, to pull over and call them so they can send a cruiser out. How is me SAYING the plate number and SAYING something happened more valid than video evidence?!

Are you frickin' kidding me?! This doesn't seem to be an issue with the traffic light cameras and dashcams they use. All of a sudden I'm getting the feeling that the city in which I live is consciously trying to be bike unfriendly.

I think my next step is to stop a bike cop and talk to them. Maybe I need an advocate inside the department.

Suddenly the ball bearing solution is sounding more viable. I can buy a whole lot of ball bearings for the cost of a helmet cam. Besides, unless the cops actually see me smash his rear window, they won't do anything about it, right?

Sigh.