Old 04-20-10, 09:30 AM
mattm
**** that

Mentioned: 151 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1099 Post(s)
Liked 104 Times in 30 Posts
Originally Posted by JimmyA
Tour of Walla Walla for me. Might be the last race as a 5. 5th in the TT, 22nd in the crit, and 3rd in the RR = 4th in GC. I had a great time. I took a look at my TT numbers as compared to the fast guys in Cat 4. It's gonna be a whole new world

mattm, et al, sorry I missed you guys. Hopefully we'll be racing together soon.

-Jimmy
Sounds like you did pretty well, I'm sure you'll be fine in the 4's. I didn't think the 5->4 jump was all too big, though I never got to do any 5-only fields so maybe that's why.

And to put some of the TT times in perspective, there were at least three sandbaggers in the 4's that I know of at Walla Walla, two who had points but were already registered as a 4, and one who had 30 points but wants some to expire so he can get a win. And the Cat 4 TT winner's parents are supposedly super-duper athletes of some sort, so there's that too.

In a sense the 4's just got a little easier over the weekend.. but then guys like local Dave Z who's been killing sprints in the 5's (you know him?), and will soon be mixing it up with us in the 4's - so it starts all over again.

Anyway see you in the 4's soon! Did you send in the upgrade request yet?

my race videos