Old 04-21-10, 09:30 PM
briedel

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mthayer
http://www.surlybikes.com/dealers/de...ist/region/WI/
There is a dealer in Madison, the search didnt pull it up for some reason. Look at the The cross check may be a better option if your looking at doing more commuting than touring. Specialized has the Tri-Cross, I believe thats the name, its similar to the Cross Check but has a Triple crank.
If your looking for a touring bike, Co-Motion looked like a good choice also. Salsa has the Fargo line which is a 29er. They released the Vaya which is on road version of the Fargo. Just a few more suggestions on bikes.
I actually meant a koga bikes... I totally did not see the post about the surely bikes. I will check those out when I get the chance

I looked at the Rocky Mountain Sherpa, and it looks great, but it only comes in sizes up to 59 cm.

I actually went down to the bike shop down the street again. They said the rayleigh would take 355 in total and offered me to hand build the wheels for 300 dollars a pop. i think my heart sank to my feet when he said it would cost 300 for a wheel

Anyway, can anybody give me an advantage of the regular breaks over the disk breaks? I know they are easier to maintain/fix, but I am not really planning on going on a month tour of the backwoods Wisconsin and would be riding in the winter for the most part as well.