Old 04-23-10, 04:52 PM
cycleheimer

Bikes: '02 Litespeed, '99 Bianchi Alfana. '91 Fuji Saratoga, '84 Peugeot Canyon Express, '82 Moto GR, '81 Fuji America, '81 Fuji Royale; '78 Bridgestone Diamond Touring, '76 Fuji America, plus many more!

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 181 Post(s)
Liked 225 Times in 128 Posts
Huh?

Fully Restored Vintage ROSS Women's 10-Speed - Daisys & White Walls - $250 (North Buffalo)

Date: 2010-04-22, 3:51PM EDT
Reply to: sale-amgmt-1705086450@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

Asking $250 to recoup my investment on parts. This bike is ready to ride out of my driveway, requiring no adjustments and no parts.

Please e-email (using the craigslist email link). I'm a web designer and respond very quickly to email. I'll take prospective buyers according to the order I get requests for the bike.

This is a fully restored vintage Ross Women's 10-Speed that I restored in Fall 2009 and finished with a chain and new rear derailleur this spring of 2010. The bike was found on my street on garbage day and I had always wanted to try and restore a vintage 10-speed so I did!
The bike was completely stripped of rust and gutted so that new paint and all new components could be added. This bike (besides the frame, crank, shift levers, and brake handles) is completely new.

The following components were purchased new and added to the bike (please visit the facebook album linked below to see all the parts I fixed and replaced):

* Giant brake cable housing
* Giant brake cables
* Giant shift cable housing
* Giant shift cables
* Replaced rear derailleur (used excellent condition, installed at Shickluna Bike Shop)
* New chain
* New rim tape
* Giant tire tubes
* New white wall tires
* Bontrager padded grip tape
* Replaced seat
* 2 layers of primer paint / 3 layers of color paint
* Custom vinyl daisy decals

Here is a link to more photo angles: http://www.luminusmedia.com/restoredbike/

Here is a link to the before photos and phases of the restore: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...0&l=2a994d140d

Thanks for looking at my post.

Tim
  • it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 1705086450