Old 04-23-10, 09:27 PM
GraysonPeddie

Bikes: Trek Pure Trike (recently bought)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Treating Traffic Light As Stop Signs Even When Light is Green -- Possible?

If the light is in yellow or red, I stop at the intersection before the white strip, so with that out of the way, here's my scenario before my question:

Before I approach an intersection, I give my hand signal to tell the motorist that I’m about to slow down or stop (by extending my left arm downward). Then, I quickly take a quick look at the traffic light and look both ways before I go forward. Of course, I signal my turn by extending my left arm leftward, or right arm rightward.

Will I be impeding traffic by treating all traffic lights as stop signs when the light is green? I don’t want to impede traffic when it comes to following my scenario.

The reason why I ask this is because the traffic lights during the daytime are pretty faint but at night it is so bright. I don't know why, but maybe that's just me? I am visually impaired (my left eye is blind) and I can see clearly with my right eye except for very fine (small) print from far-away distances. I have no cataracts or any kind of diseases that degrade my vision. Just for a test, but not an accurate one, with my 60" HDTV with a resolution of 1920x1080, I can read an 8-point font from ~9" away, although quite barely, even though it's still readable. I do remember reading at 9 or 10-point size in a 15" with a resolution of 1024x768, or in my netbook, I can barely read text at a resolution of 1024x600 with an 8.9" screen, but only up close. I don't want to bore anyone, so I came here to ask about doing a quick pause to look at a traffic light before I go through the intersection.

It'd be nice if traffic lights were two times bigger than normal, but I just might have to train my eye for it.